Charge/Senior Medical Assistant for Cardiology Practice (HeartVeinNYC)
Responsibilities of a Charge/Senior MA:
Charge MAs are responsible for overseeing a cardiology clinic in Queens and/or NYC. Individuals in this role perform such duties as delegating MA assignments, preparing schedules, overseeing admissions and discharges, and monitoring and ordering medicines and supplies. In addition to these managerial tasks, charge MAs also may carry a patient load depending on where they work and their shift. Charge MA should be able to balance administrative tasks and clinical care is an important skill for MAs in this position. Charge MAs will need to be able to direct other MAs on patient care, providing guidance and advice. As shift managers, charge MAs may be required to document and evaluate the performance of the MAs under their supervision. Some charge MAs may assist in developing and implementing educational programs for other MAs and staff.
1. Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are critical for charge MAs to be successful.
2. Motivate and lead their MA staff, which requires that they are able to work effectively with different personalities.
3. Charge MAs should have the knowledge and experience to answer staff and patient questions on a wide range of topics.
4. Charge MAs are required to prepare reports on patient progress and staff performance, strong written communication skills are essential.
5. Attention to detail
6. Good organizational and analytical skills
7. Ability to quickly and accurately assess patients’ conditions
8. A caring and sympathetic manner
9. Emotional stability
10. Ability to efficiently handle emergencies and remain calm in stressful situations